Resetting the Sonos speakers is likely to happen once in a while if you own these fantastic devices. The reason to reset the Sonos speakers can vary depending on the situation, but the method to reset them remains the same. If you can’t figure out how to reset a Sonos speaker, this article will guide you through the process.
The reason to reset the Sonos speaker can vary as you may need to connect to a new WiFi network or requires you to lend your friend the speakers. Even resetting is common for most people who want to sell their Sonos speaker. The main reason people reset Sonos Soundbar is due to the improper working of the speakers.
The best thing is that you don’t have to struggle to reset the Sonos system to factory settings. Mostly it only requires you to unplug the speaker from the power source and press and hold a specific key combination to get the job done. With a bit of patience, you can get the desired results quickly.
The key combination for each Sonos speaker can be different depending on the model. So, remember that the same key combination won’t work for different versions of the speaker. Therefore I have written this guide so you can reset any Sonos speaker without searching the internet for each model.
6 Types of Sonos Speakers Reset Procedure:
1) How to Factory Reset Sonos One?
The factory reset Sonos One method is similar to the One SL, Five, Port, Sub, and ARC. You can apply it to these products without having to worry about anything. Few other older versions of Sonos speakers can also follow this method, including Play5 and Playbase. Here are the steps to reset Sonos speakers:
- Step 1: Turn the Sonos speakers off before proceeding with the reset. You must disconnect it from the power source and unplug the cord.
- Step 2: Find the Join button (it has an infinity symbol on top of it) on your Sonos One model. After locating the button, press and hold it down, reconnecting the power cord. If your model doesn’t come with the Join button, you can use the Play/Pause or Mute button as an alternative.
- Step 3: Continue holding the Join button until you see the lights flashing amber and white.
- Step 4: After the lights start flashing, release the Join button, which will initiate the reset process. Once the process completes, the light will again change to green.
- Step 5: Open Sonos app from your smartphone or tablet and go to its Settings. Inside the Settings, tap on System and then click on Add Product. Finish the process to pair your speaker again with the device.
2) How to Reset Sonos Play 1?
Resetting the Sonos Play 1 is almost the same as Play 3 and Play 5, as they have nearly the exact instructions to follow up. The reset will take only a few minutes, and you can connect to your devices again. Here are the steps to factory reset Sonos Play 1:
- Power off and unplug the speaker from the power outlet.
- Locate the Play/Pause button on top of the speaker and press and hold it for a few seconds. Reconnect the plug into the power source.
- Keep holding the Play/Pause button until you notice the light flashing amber and white.
- Release the Play/Pause button and let the rest take place. The light will turn green again upon completion of the reset.
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to the speaker using Sonos App and add it under the devices to start enjoying the music.
3) How to Reset Sonos Move?
The process of resetting the Sonos Move is slightly changed from other models like Sonos Roam. Despite the change in the process, it is not complicated. Here are the steps to reset the Sonos Move:
Step 1: Unplug the Sonos Move from the outlet and ensure it is not connected.
Step 2: Find the Power button preset at the back of the speaker and press and hold it for a few seconds. Wait for a chime followed by the status light turning off on the speaker’s top.
Step 3: Locate the Join button (button with an infinity symbol) and hold and press it while releasing the Power button to put the speaker on reset. The battery requires a recharge if the speaker doesn’t turn on after releasing the power button and shifting to the Join button. Complete the recharge and then complete the above steps again.
Step 4: The status light will flash white and orange or amber and white, which indicates that your Sonos Move is in reset mode. Release the button immediately.
Step 5: Once you follow the instructions above, the status light will turn green, indicating the reset has happened.
Step 6: Now, you can check the speaker for working by pairing and connecting to the smartphone or tablet. Go to the Sonos App setting and then into System. Here you can add your device and play the speakers through it.
4) How to Factory Reset Sonos Roam?
Follow these steps to reset Sonos Roam speakers:
Step 1: Ensure that your speaker is on but has no connection with the power source.
Step 2: On the back of the speaker, locate the Power button. Press and hold it till you hear a chime. You can see that the status light will turn off on the front of the speaker.
Step 3: Locate the Play/Pause button and hold it while pressing the Power button again. Now release the Power button, and your speaker will turn on.
Step 4: Keep holding the Play/Pause button while your speaker restarts. Upon turning on, the speaker status light will blink white and orange. It is the indication of the start of the reset process. Now you can release the Play/Pause button.
Step 5: When the reset process will complete, the status light will turn green.
Step 6: Now, you can Add your devices again to the speaker. Open Sonos App and navigate to Settings and then System. Here you can add the devices and start using speakers again.
5) How to Reset Sonos Beam?
Sometimes Sonos Beam doesn’t work as intended, creating a problem with the connection. In such cases, Sonos hard reset is the final resort. Similar to the soft reset, the hard reset is relatively less time-consuming and can help in general troubleshooting issues related to the connectivity of the Sonos Speakers. Here are the steps to how to reset Sonos Beam:
- Unplug the speaker from the power source and remove any cords connected.
- Locate the Join button and hold it down for a few seconds while connecting the speaker to a power source.
- Keep holding the Join button until you see the status light flashing white and orange.
- When the status light starts flashing, release the Join button. When the reset process finishes, the green status light will start flashing.
- Now, you can reconnect your smartphone using Sonos App and pair it with speakers.
6) How to Factory Reset Sonos AMP?
Factory reset Sonos AMP doesn’t require you to follow any complex steps. Here are the steps that can help you reset the Sonos speaker.
Step 1: Remove Sonos Amp from the power source.
Step 2: Locate Connect button and hold it. Now plug the speakers again into the power outlet.
Step 3: Keep holding the Connect button until the status light turns white and amber.
Step 4: Release the Connect button and let the reset process begin. Wait until you observe the status light turning green.
Step 5: Now, you can add your devices again with the speaker and start enjoying.
Resetting the Sonos App
Sometimes the reason for Sonos speaker not working properly is not due to the speaker; its app needs a reset to make things work again. Here are the steps of the procedure.
- Open the Sonos App and locate its Settings.
- Inside the Settings, choose App Preferences to open a new menu screen.
- In the App Preferences menu, scroll down to the bottom and locate the Reset App option. Press it and wait for the confirmation. Confirm the action once the menu opens.
- The reset process will begin and prompt a restart. Let it restart, and then you can add an account and play around with the Settings to add devices.