After purchasing a new Bluetooth speaker, you must want to check it immediately. You might be one of those people who have had Bluetooth speakers for a long time but don’t know how to connect Bluetooth speaker to PS4. Connecting the speaker to the PS4 is not as complicated as some think.
It is easy to assemble your Bluetooth speaker and connect it to the PS4 in a few simple ways; you only need to follow the procedure I’ll describe in this article. You will find all the details about how can you connect a Bluetooth speaker to a PS4. So, stay connected until the last to know the information you want.
How To Connect The Bluetooth Speaker To The PS4?
All the Bluetooth speakers have auxiliary output built that allows a person to connect them to PS4. You can find a 5mm audio cable for connecting both of them. The PS4 must have a 3-pin connection with the Bluetooth speaker.
The DualShock controller has 3.5mm input, so it must be ready to play the audio. If you are wondering about the detailed procedure, don’t worry; here is the complete procedure to connect both.
There are four different ways through which you can connect both of them, so I’ll describe all of them in detail.
- Connect via Bluetooth
- Connect via Airplay
- Use an auxiliary cable 3.5mm jack
- Connect via Ethernet
Connect Via Bluetooth
There are different ways to connect the PS4 to a Bluetooth speaker by using Bluetooth. One method among them is to use the Bluetooth capabilities of PS4. The second method is to connect them by using a USB Bluetooth adapter. Both methods are easy, but the connection through USB is more convenient than the first one.
To connect them both, follow the procedure:
- Turn your PlayStation 4 ON, and open the settings.
- You must select “System” from them and click “Audio.”
- Click the “Bluetooth Speaker” under the “Sound Options”
- Here, you must enter the Bluetooth address of your Bluetooth speaker that you are connecting with PS4.
- Press OK after writing the Bluetooth address. The speaker will connect to the PS4 and start playing music from your connected device.
Connect Via Airplay
You can connect your Bluetooth speaker to the PS4 if you have an iPhone device. Simple, you must set up the Airplay on PS4 and your mobile. After doing it, open the music on your iPhone and click on Airplay. Select “Your PS4” in the devices list and click OK. The music will start playing on PS4 without any further steps.
Use An Auxiliary Cable 3.5mm Jack
You can connect your Bluetooth speaker to the PS4 by using a 3.5mm cable jack if you do not have a Bluetooth-enabled device to connect. This jack is the same as the jack for audio input on PS4. You need to follow the following steps to connect them:
- Use a 3.5mm audio cable to connect one side with the pot of your PS4 controller and the other side with your speaker’s output.
- Go to the “settings” of the PS4 controller and open “Audio Devices.”
- Click on “Devices” and then choose “Output device.”
- Set the “Output devices” to the “Headset connected to the controller.”
- Click on “Output to Headphones” and ensure it is set to “All Audio.”
- Now, turn on the speaker and play your favorite music; it will play through the speaker.
Connect Via Ethernet
You can also connect your speaker to the PS4 if you have an Ethernet port on your PS4. It is the most unique and advanced way t connect them both. It is only available in a few latest models of PS4. So, the people who recently bought a PS4 may have this feature; those with an old PS4 cannot avail of this opportunity.
How To Connect Bluetooth Speaker To PS5?
Yes, you can connect a Bluetooth speaker to PS5. There are 3-ways that you can use to connect ps5 to a Bluetooth speaker:
- Type-C input Port
- USB-A input port
- Aux jack on DualSense Controller
You can only use a Type-C input port and USB-A input adapter to connect ps5 to a Bluetooth speaker because the PlayStation5 does not support Bluetooth audio.
Connect By USB Adapter
- First, by using the USB-C slot, plug the USB Bluetooth adapter into the front of the PS5.
- Now open the settings of the ps5 and go to Accessories.
- Select Bluetooth Accessories under the General Settings.
- You will see available adapters under Accessories Found.
- Here, select your Bluetooth adapter from available adapters as a default device.
- Now, follow the same procedure in speakers to connect them via Bluetooth.
- When your speaker is paired with the PS5 adapter, set it as the default device and start using it.
- Go to the speaker’s settings and then click on the sound setting.
- Select Audio output among them and then click on the Output device.
- You will see a list of audio devices under this option; you must choose your speaker as the default device.
How To Connect Unsupported Bluetooth Speaker To PS4?
You can connect your PS4 to an unsupported Bluetooth speaker by following the given procedure:
- Turn on the pairing mode of the Bluetooth headset to make a connection.
- Go to the settings of the PS4 and then click on devices.
- You will see all Bluetooth devices nearby your PS4.
- You can choose any device according to the headset’s features.
- Click on your speaker adapter and then make a pair.
- After connecting them, play any video game or music to check whether they are playing perfectly.
How To Connect Speaker To PS4 With USB?
It is straightforward to connect both devices through a USB device.
- You can plug the USB into the front of the PS4.
- Go to the settings of PS4 and then to the Bluetooth options; you will see Bluetooth adapters there.
- Select your Bluetooth adapter and then set it as a default device.
- Follow the same procedure in the speaker and pair them with each other.
- After pairing them with each other, play the music or whatever you want.
Using Airplay, Bluetooth, and Ethernet, you can connect some speakers with PS4 using a USB adapter. But some speakers do not have an Aux feature. Unfortunately, Sony does not allow its users to connect without an Aux cable, but if you are too keen to use it, you can use any other audio cable.
You can connect the speakers to the PS4 and monitor using a cable wire. Connect the speaker’s wire to the back of the monitor, where you will see the headset sign. Grab an HDMI cable wire and connect one end of the HDMI port to the PS4 and another to the monitor. The video will show on the monitor screen that you will play, and you can listen to the music.
It is the easiest method to connect the speaker to the PS4. It does not require many steps; you only have to say, “Alexa, turn on the PS4” or “Google, please tell Harmony to turn on the PS4”. Google assistants and Alexa will read your requirement, and both devices will link to each other automatically.
Connecting the PS4 to the Bluetooth speaker is a simple task that anyone can enjoy after connection. This article is a perfect guide if you have a Bluetooth speaker at home and want to connect it to the PS4. Reading this article helped you connect your PS4 to the Bluetooth speaker in many ways. Whenever you try to connect them both, make sure to follow the steps carefully. Stay connected with us for more helpful information.Conclusion